I specialize in custom hand-guided quilting and skilled in many design techniques. I also use Quilt Path robotics with hundreds of patterns available. I offer quality in all my work. I work in a clean smoke free environment.
Questions? Office (720) 214-3442 Mobile (435) 229-2703
Quilt Design:If you have a design in mind let me know, or have me choose a design for you to complement your quilt top. Below are some options are listed below.
Pantographs and overall designs:Edge to edge pantographs designs with Quilt Path. Many designs to choose from.
Custom/complex overall designs:May be done free hand, by use of templates, or Quilt Path. Block designs, borders, sashings, cornerstone, feathers, wreaths, and echo quilting are available..
Heirloom:A heavier much more detailed quilting with a more traditional feel or modern. May include many techniques such as, block motifs, small background work, and use of templates, rulers, faux trapunto, and separate border designs.
Trapunto:To be determined after viewing quilt top.
Trapunto is the art of using a high loft batting, stitching around the design to be highlighted. The top is then removed from the quilting machine and the excess batting is very carefully cut away. The quilt is then remounted with the backing and the batting of choice and the quilting is finished with very small meandering. This makes the design really stand out.
Threads:I use a variety of quality threads, including specialty threads.
Batting:You may purchase my batting or provide your own (subject to approval)
Quilters Dream Deluxe 100% cotton / natural.
Quilters Dream Select 100% cotton / white or natural.
Quilters Dream Poly Select or Deluxe / white or midnight black.
Quilter's Dream 80/20 cotton/ poly
Quilter's Dream 70/30 cotton/poly
Quilter's Dream Wool
Quilter's Dream Orient
Backing:I carry a selection of wide backing.
I will seam your backing for $15.00 per seam.
Binding:0.35 per liner inch
Machine attached to front, hand stitched on back.
My Prices:Quilting is priced by the style of the design and the size of the quilt. Prices start at 0.025 (2.5 cents) per square inch.
Prices will vary according to the technique and the complexity of the design. I have a minimum charge $60.00. To estimate the quilting costs simply multiply the length by the width of your top.
Example: 63x87 = 5481 5481 x .025 = $137.25
Upon receiving quilt I will confirm the quilting fee. All prices are subject to change without notice!!!!
Quilt Delivery & Instructions:Whether sending or delivering your quilt, please take a look at and follow the recommended quilt preparation guidelines. Following these instructions will help get your quilt completed faster and help insure that there are no problems. Print and complete the order form to send or bring with your quilt.
What Happens Next?
When I receive your quilt I measure the top, backing and batting if supplied, check for loose threads and seams. Choose the design and the thread. I will contact you with the final cost of the service and confirm the date it will be returned to you. Your quilt will be neatly hung and covered until it is time to be completed. If you like I will send an email with a photo of your quilt. Final payment is due before shipping. You may pick up your quilt or have me return it to you by USPS or UPS insured.
These guidelines are to help insure that your quilt will be as beautiful as possible.
A fee may be added for any quilt preparation that has to be done. Your quilt will be quilted in the condition it is received. It will be as free of pleats, fullness and tucks as the piecing allows.
- Do not pin baste your quilt
- Square your top
- Press well, check for loose seams.
- Indicate if your top and or backing have a direction, mark with paper pinned or taped to the fabric.
- Trim loose threads on your quilt, they can show under light fabrics and can get caught on the machine.
- Your top should be free of embellishments, such as buttons, beads, charms, pins, etc.
- It is a good idea to do a stay stitch around the edge of your top, especially if it is pieced to the edge.
- Borders should be flat. If not, this may cause tucks, pleats or fullness.
- If you will be shipping your quilt top and backing fold them neatly and they will ship beautifully.
- Allow extra 4-6 inches on ALL sides of quilt.
- Trim salvage from seams and press open.
- Press well.
- Square your backing.
- Allow 4-6 inches larger than the quilt top on all sides.
- You may purchase your batting from me.
- 100% cotton is recommended for you backing.
- Trimming the salvage from your fabrics as they have are a different color and texture.
Download Quilt Request Form