Why choose Lucey
Lucey feels as if somebody handcrafted a quilting machine just for you. Lucey offers the quality and performance quilters expect from APQS at an economical price - making it an exceptional value.
*APQS goods are priced at the factory. All freight, insurance, customs charges, import duties/tariffs, and local value-added taxes (VAT, MWST, etc) are the responsibility of the customer.
"Lucey is perfect for people who have a smaller home and don’t have a dedicated room. It just an amazing machine for what you get.” Nancy Smith, Lucey owner
Standard APQS Machine Features
- Bobbin options -Your choice of Smart Bobbin© (L size) or Big Bobbin© (M size) - You get a choice of the size bobbin you prefer so your machine is specifically made to your tastes and style of quilting.
- Synchronous belt drive system - APQS machines are precisely held in time through our belt drive technology. Building a machine that will not fall out of time means your tension and stitch integrity will be the same for the life of your machine.
- Self-lubricating bushings - The amount of oil required to care for an APQS machine is a fraction of what other quilting machines need, making maintenance simple and easy.
- Quiet, enclosed DC motor - APQS combines technology with sleek design to give you a beautiful machine with the horsepower you need. Our integrated electronics and motor are tucked away behind the clean lines of our machines.
- Single disc thread tensioner - Having only one place to set tension means our machines can run a wide range of even the most finicky threads, opening up your creative options.
- Auto needle positioner - When you come to a halt your APQS machine will not stop partially in the fabric - it will either stop in the full up or full down position, depending on your preference.
- Laser Stylus - Easily follow a paper pattern with the precision laser.
Table & Frame:
- Throat size: 26" x 10 1/2"
- 10' or 12' standard aluminum alloy table
- Weight: 41 lbs. (18.58 kg)
- Voltage: 120V/240V, 50/60 Hz. All APQS machines run on standard household current.
- Footprint: 5' x 10' or 12' length
Optional Machine Features
- Bliss Drive System ($1,000) - Bliss uses a ball bearing technology to guide the machine on the table and gives you phenomenal control with minimal effort.
- Hartley Fence ($595) - Easily make complicated designs like precise circles, Baptist Fans, Spirals and other motifs.
- Black-light ($150) - The black light lets you adjust the lighting with the flip of a switch.
Optional Table & Frame Features
Why Choose APQS
- APQS has the fastest needle speed in the industry at over 3500 stitches per minute
- Great value due to superb quality giving you a lifelong reliable workhorse of a machine
- Smooth fingertip machine movement
- Lifetime customer support - Toll Free
- Manufactured completely in the USA by a 30-year-old company with a reputation for quality
Setup and Delivery
Delivery - machine shipping and handling
- Shipping in the USA typically costs between $100-$400.
- Export costs are your responsibility.
- Most orders should arrive in 1-5 business days from the time the shipment leaves the factory in Carroll, Iowa.
- Arrangements can be made if you would like to pick up your machine at the APQS Factory in Carroll, Iowa, or the APQS Showroom in Des Moines, Iowa.
Every APQS longarm quilting machine comes with machine, table, patterns, thread, bobbins, bobbin winder, needles, and more.
The machine will also come with easy-to-follow, step-by-step, full-color assembly instructions as well as a basic training CD and manual. Assembly is simple and will only take a few hours. The sewing head is assembled for you; you only need to add the handles and axles and assemble the table.
If assistance is needed our technicians are available by telephone.
Professional machine set-up
We also offer the option of professional in home/business set up for an added cost of $500.
- Sets up your table where you want it.
- Assembles your new quilting machine.
- Makes table and wheel adjustments.
- Installs bobbin, thread, and needle.