Why choose a George
With the George, you can create quilts that are individualized as you are. George is our sit-down machine with a generous 20” throat and large, flat workspace to easily maneuver your quilt.
*APQS goods are priced at the factory. All freight, insurance, customs charges, import duties/tariffs, and local value-added taxes (VAT, MWST, etc) are the responsibility of the customer.
Standard APQS Machine Features
- Bobbin options -Your choice of Smart Bobbin© (L size) or Big Bobbin© (M size) - You get a choice of the size bobbin you prefer so your machine is specifically made to your tastes and style of quilting.
- Synchronous belt drive system - APQS machines are precisely held in time through our belt drive technology. Building a machine that will not fall out of time means your tension and stitch integrity will be the same for the life of your machine.
- Self-lubricating bushings - The amount of oil required to care for an APQS machine is a fraction of what other quilting machines need, making maintenance simple and easy.
- Quiet, enclosed DC motor - APQS combines technology with sleek design to give you a beautiful machine with the horsepower you need. Our integrated electronics and motor are tucked away behind the clean lines of our machines.
- Single disc thread tensioner - Having only one place to set tension means our machines can run a wide range of even the most finicky threads, opening up your creative options.
- Auto needle positioner - When you come to a halt your APQS machine will not stop partially in the fabric - it will either stop in the full up or full down position, depending on your preference.
- Variable needle speed - Different types of quilting require an increase in needle speed to match the complexity of the design. A touch of the button gives you the control you need without having to navigate through a series of menus.
George brochure | Compare APQS machines | Locate a dealer near you
- Voltage: 120V 50/60 Hz. All APQS machines run on standard household current.
- Footprint: 2' x 5' length
- Fold-up table: 24" x 60" and adjusts in height from 22" to 30"
Optional Machine Features
Optional Table Features
- George travel case ($300) - Easily store George or take him along to retreats or your vacation home. He can be nestled safely no matter where your journey takes you.
- Additional work table without cutout for machine - Slide up a second table to expand your work surface even more. This second table is great for supporting the weight of a very large quilt as you work with George
Why Choose APQS
- Great value due to superb quality giving you a lifelong reliable workhorse of a machine
- Smooth fingertip machine movement
- Lifetime customer support - Toll Free
- Manufactured completely in the USA by a 30-year-old company with a reputation for quality
Setup and Delivery
Delivery - machine shipping and handling
- Shipping in the USA typically costs between $100-$400.
- Export costs are your responsibility.
- Most orders should arrive in 1-5 business days from the time the shipment leaves the factory in Carroll, Iowa.
- Arrangements can be made if you would like to pick up your machine at the APQS Factory in Carroll, Iowa, or the APQS Showroom in Des Moines, Iowa.
Every APQS longarm quilting machine comes with machine, table, patterns, thread, bobbins, bobbin winder, needles, and more.
The machine will also come with easy-to-follow, step-by-step assembly instructions as well as a basic training CD and manual. Assembly is simple and will only take an hour. The sewing head is assembled for you; you only need unfold the table.
If assistance is needed our technicians are available by telephone.
Professional machine set-up
We also offer the option of professional in home/business set up for an added cost of $500.
- Sets up your table where you want it.
- Assembles your new quilting machine.
- Installs bobbin, thread, and needle.